Trying to balance all that I love!

Trying to balance all that I love!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Cool Tools: A reflection

A few thoughts to share regarding using and integrating COOL TOOLS...I love it! I've seen what others do/use/embrace and I often have "tech envy" as I look at my rather traditional virtual presence. But, now thanks to a PLN that is sharing, empowering, and modeling, I've explored a few things and have made a couple observations:


  • there is a TON of free stuff out there to use for creation and sharing
  • you always need a plan B; often the first tool, site, gadget won't work and with so many options available, it's silly to spend too much time on a failed first attempt
  • you need TIME to play, often an email/pswd combo ready to use and access...i experimented with avatar creators this evening and before I know it 3 hours had passed (a lovely 3 hours but still took time!)
  • you have to do some cost analysis so to speak to decide how much time its worth to invest into a variety of projects (ex--if you need an avatar for a quick presentation, find a site/app that allows you to create quickly; vs a presentation that is more of a keeper--more time can be justified
  • It's easy to get overloaded with SO many things to learn, try, use...best to tackle a few at a time (like the layout of this class)...never possible to learn it all!
  • Share, ask, create, and HAVE FUN with it....always something to learn around the corner!
My 2 cents....Sue

1 comment:

  1. Good advice! I spent way too much time on some things. Need to let some things go and say "good enough" at times.

    ReplyDelete